More than 30 years of experience
Orange Oil Termite Treatment Cost
Termites can cause significant damage to your home or property if left untreated. As homeowners search for eco-friendly and less intrusive termite treatment options, orange oil has emerged as a popular choice. This article will discuss orange oil termite treatment and the factors affecting its cost.
Get a free estimate
What is Orange Oil?
Orange oil is a natural, plant-derived extract obtained from the rinds of oranges. It contains a compound called d-limonene, which has been proven effective in killing dry wood termites. As a green alternative to traditional chemical treatments, orange oil has gained popularity among environmentally conscious consumers.
How Does Orange Oil Treatment Work?
The treatment involves injecting orange oil directly into the termite-infested wood or applying it to affected areas. The d-limonene in the oil dissolves the exoskeleton of termites, ultimately causing their death. The oil’s strong citrus scent also repels termites, preventing future infestations.
Factors Affecting the Cost
Several factors determine the cost of orange oil termite treatment, including:
Infestation Size and Severity
The more extensive and severe the termite infestation, the higher the treatment cost. Larger infestations require more orange oil and labor, which increases the overall price.
The size of your property also plays a role in determining treatment costs. Larger properties usually have more areas to inspect and treat, which can increase the overall price.
If the infested areas are hard to reach or require special equipment, the cost of treatment may be higher. For example, treating termites in a crawl space or attic might require additional time and effort, leading to increased costs.
The cost of orange oil termite treatment can vary by region due to labor costs and termite prevalence differences. Treatment costs may be more expensive in areas with higher termite activity or higher living expenses.
The total cost of orange oil termite treatment typically includes the following:
Before treatment, a professional inspector assesses the extent of the termite infestation. Depending on the property size and location, this inspection fee can range from $75 to $150.
The actual cost of orange oil treatment depends on the factors mentioned above. Generally, treatment costs range from $1,000 to $2,500, though severe infestations in large properties may be more expensive.
Follow-up Inspections and Maintenance
To ensure the effectiveness of the treatment, periodic follow-up inspections and maintenance are necessary . These inspections typically cost around $100 to $300 per visit, depending on the size of your property and the service provider. Some companies may offer annual maintenance plans that cover follow-up inspections and additional treatments if needed.
Warranty and Guarantee
Many professional termite treatment companies offer warranties or guarantees on their services. These can provide peace of mind and help protect your investment if termites return. Be sure to read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions of any warranty or guarantee before committing to a treatment plan.
Comparing Orange Oil Treatment to Other Methods
Before deciding on orange oil termite treatment, it’s essential to consider other available treatment options:
Traditional chemical treatments use termiticides to create a barrier around your property, preventing termites from entering. These treatments are generally more affordable than orange oil treatment, with costs ranging from $800 to $2,000. However, they may be less eco-friendly or non-invasive.
Heat treatment involves raising the temperature in the infested area to kill termites. This method is non-toxic and environmentally friendly, but it can be expensive, with costs ranging from $1,500 to $3,000 or more, depending on the size of the area being treated.
Receive a 3 Year Warranty
In conclusion, orange oil termite treatment is an eco-friendly and less intrusive alternative to traditional termite control methods. The cost of this treatment depends on several factors, including infestation size, property size, accessibility, and location. When considering orange oil treatment, weighing the costs and benefits against other available treatment options is essential to make an informed decision.
- Is orange oil termite treatment effective for all types of termites?
- Orange oil treatment is most effective against dry wood termites. It may be less effective against subterranean termites, often requiring more extensive treatment methods.
- How long does orange oil treatment last?
- The effectiveness of orange oil treatment can last several months to a few years, depending on the extent of the infestation and the application method. Regular follow-up inspections and maintenance are necessary to ensure long-term protection.
- Is orange oil treatment safe for pets and children?
- Orange oil is considered a low-toxicity and environmentally friendly treatment option. However, it’s essential to follow the guidelines provided by the treatment company and keep children and pets away from treated areas until the application has dried completely.
- Can I apply orange oil treatment myself?
- While it is possible to purchase orange oil products and apply them yourself, hiring a professional termite treatment company is highly recommended to ensure the proper application and effectiveness of the treatment.
- Do I need to vacate my home during orange oil treatment?
- One of the advantages of orange oil treatment is that it’s less invasive than other treatment methods, and you usually don’t need to vacate your home during the process. However, you should still follow any specific instructions the treatment company provides.
Questions other homeowners have asked Termite Fumigation:
how to prepare for termite tenting
Please watch the video below to help you understand the process. Feel free to call to schedule an appointment!